Unmissable Stops on a Cornwall Road Trip
1. Boscastle and Merlin’s Cave Cornwall road trip
You must visit Tintagel too. Accommodation Here
There’s a new bridge here, with a plunging drop between the mainland and the outcrop the castle is perched on – good luck walking across that!
2. St Micheal’s Mount and Marizion
St Michael’s Mount is an island with thousand years of history.
3. The Minack Theatre
The views are amazing – your eye-line extends from the bay to Logan Rock.
4. Land’s End, the end of the country1
Despite the whole ‘end of the UK’ claim to fame Land’s End is a lovely place to visit on your Cornwall road trip anyway.
5. Chill out in St Ives
6. Relax in Falmouth
The National Maritime Museum is located here.
7. Go and see Mevagissey, perfect fishing village.
8. Nanjizal Beach – Song of the Sea Cave
9. Visit the Lost Gardens of Heligan, beautiful
10. Climb Brown Willy Cornwall’s highest point at 1,378 feet (420m)
11. Relax at Bude
road trip cornwall.
12. Play at the beach at Perranporth.
13. Venture down the Bedruthan Steps, steep!
14. Look round the Eden Project
15. Lanhydrock House
16. Padstow, art and fish n chips.
17. Newquay, Cornwall’s best beaches 2 miles either side
18. Flambards Theme Park – a kids amusement park.
19. Restormel Castle – one of the four chief Norman castles of Cornwall.
20. The Lizard Peninsula – beautiful most southerly point of the British mainland.
21. Men-an-Tol stone at Morvah – cool stone to climb up and explore.
22. Cotehele House – stunning National Trust House.
23. Zipwire at Adrenalin Quarry – a 490-metre zip line over a quarry, reaching 40mph. There’s also an aqua park, coasteering, a swing over nothing, and axe throwing!
24. Dozmary Pool – the pool where it’s said King Arthur received his sword, Excalibur.
25. Bodmin Moor – if you like blustery, moody moors, you’ll love it here! Check out Golitha Falls too.
26. Lusty Glaze Beach – beautiful secluded cove on the outskirts of Newquay.
27. Jamaica Inn – one of the oldest inns in Cornwall, unique character!