December in Cornwall
December is a fantastic time to visit Cornwall. It may be colder, but that’s no reason to write off visiting this beautiful county… Put on a warm coat, a pair of gloves and your best bobble hat and venture outside!
The beaches aren’t as busy and there are some truly magnificent Christmas light displays to get yourself into that festive spirit. There are a number of great Christmas markets for you to find your loved ones some truly unique gifts, from handmade keepsakes to delicious locally sourced food and beverages. Father Christmas is even taking time out of his busy schedule to meet the well behaved children in the area. So whether you’re at home or on holiday in Cornwall this Christmas, you can double check that you’re on the nice list and if you’re lucky, even receive an extra gift from him in person!
- 6th December – The Lost Gardens of Heligan Christmas Fair >>> Nearby Holiday Cottages
- 6th-8th December – Fowey Christmas Market >>> Nearby Holiday Cottages
- 7th December – The Alternative Christmas Market at Heartlands >>> Nearby Holiday Cottages
- 11th December – Truro Winter Gift Fayre >>> Nearby Holiday Cottages
- 14th December – Christmas Fair at Jubilee Wharf, Penryn >>> Nearby Holiday Cottages
- 21st December – Montol Festival Markets in Penzance >>> Nearby Holiday Cottages
- 22nd December – Perranporth Plastic Free Christmas Market >>> Nearby Holiday Cottages
- 16th Nov-22nd December – Healey’s Christmas Markets >>> Nearby Holiday Cottages
Christmas Lights Displays
- From 14th December – 4th January – Mousehole Harbour Lights >>> Nearby Holiday Cottages
- From 1st December – 5th January – Angarrack Christmas Lights >>> Nearby Holiday Cottages
- From 29th Nov – Helston >>> Nearby Holiday Cottages
- From 30th Nov – Carnon Downs >>> Nearby Holiday Cottages
- From 30th Nov – Liskeard >>> Nearby Holiday Cottages
- From 7th December – Looe >>> Nearby Holiday Cottages
- From 29th December – St Ives >>> Nearby Holiday Cottages
- From 1st December – Padstow >>> Nearby Holiday Cottages
See Father Christmas
30th November – 24th December
Meet Father Christmas and his elves from late November, right up until Christmas Eve! Not only do you get to meet Father Christmas, you also get to see ‘behind the scenes’. This includes seeing where the elves sleep, the pigeonholes full of everybody’s letters to Father Christmas and even the stockings laid out ready for Christmas Day!
You can book your places online, with prices starting at £10:
Price for 1 adult and 1 child: £10.00
Price for 2 adults and 1 child: £14.00
Price for 3 adults and 1 child: £18.00
Per additional child: £6.00
30th November – 24th December
See Father Christmas like never before, aboard a beautiful steam train! There will be plenty of time to get a photo with Father Christmas on the hour-long return journey and children will receive a gift after meeting him.
Price for 30th November & 1st December – £13.00
Price for 7th December – 23rd December – £14.50
Price for 24th December – £15.00
- An hour return journey on the steam train
- A mince pie and a seasonal drink for adults
- A visit to see Father Christmas
- A present for each child
- Christmas carols on the platform
30th Nov-1st Dec, 14th-15th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th December
For only £5.95 per child, visit Santa’s Grotto and meet Father Christmas. You’ll receive a gift too! Tickets don’t include entry to the park, but you can use the cafe areas and gift shops whilst you’re waiting to meet Father Christmas. Why not make a day of it and buy a discounted ticket into the Park and Jungle Barn! Tickets go on sale each event day from 10am, so no need to pre-book.